I want in the art scene!
A career as an artist in contemporary art
- Art market: the mechanics of the art environment
- WHAT I Create: Quality and Depth of Artwork
Recorded theoretical lessons + practical online demonstrations
Portfolio review and concept of an exhibition project
Becoming part of the art environment is an opportunity for an artist:
• Become known and gain an audience of their own and gain expert recognition by getting on the museum floor
• Form high prices for their works and attract financing for their projects from the government and business
• Become part of a select club with all the highlights (auctions, openings, art fairs, dinners with collectors).
And finally, to become part of a community of like-minded people; creative people need support very much.
Our course is your entry point into the art market.
Prepare a complete package of documents.
Create the concept of the exhibition project
Why attend the course?
A quick career start in the art world
Focus on Practice
Experience: Philips Auction House, Gallery 11.12, Vinzavod and working with artists as a manager.
7 great courses in art history, art market and psychology.
Personal counseling for more than 200 authors
The course will do
For beginner artists
Gain an understanding of the structure of the art environment. It’s not enough to create works, you have to make them visible in the art world, to do this you have to exhibit, attend Open-Collages and be able to build a correct positioning
For academic artists
If you feel you have reached a “ceiling” in your commissioned work or that you have become “cramped” with academic subjects. You’re looking for real freedom and want to create works that are relevant, and finally generate a high level of prices for your work
For designers and illustrators
If you want to switch from making custom design into an independent creative process, and become a part of art, and move from applied knowledge to true self-expression and high prices for your work
For beginner art managers
Learn how the art environment works to develop your author or group of artists. And for those who have wanted to work in a gallery, museum or elsewhere with artists.
How is the training
Study the theory at a convenient time for you. Recordings of the lectures will be available after you finish the course for another 3 months
Tests and useful checklists
Examples of Maria’s work
as an art manager
MMOMA (Petrovka, 25)
Exhibition by Catherine Z. Between Fun and Pleasure
6 art fairs
DaMoscow 2019 , Cosmoscow 2020, Blazar 2020, Art Russia 2020-2022
Gallery exhibitions 11.12 Gallery
Damir Muratov: Short Stories 2020; Slava PTRK/SHR: Either You or You 2020; Nikita Shokhov: Scan Klaxon 2020 and others.
YOUR FORMULA FOR SUCCESS IN THE ART SCENE
QUALITY OF MESSAGE
what you broadcast
MECHANICS OF THE ART SCENE
How to make your works visible to this world: experts, viewers, curators, gallerists, and collectors
What will be on the course?
Module 1 - Art Market
• You will work out your own strategy of development and take the first steps to enter the contemporary art market
• You will learn how to get into a gallery and work with art dealers, collectors, and fairs
• You will create a package of documents
• Learn how to plan exhibitions and any other projects: from time-management to budgeting and exhibition logic
The second module - What you create
• We will discuss steps you can take toward creating a personal exhibition right now
• You will learn why it is important to create projects and series, rather than individual works
• Understand how the right perspective is formed, which influences your visual authorial language
• Explore an approach to critical reflection on contemporary art history and gain tools on how to integrate this knowledge into your art
• Get to know the specifics of mediums and learn how to find your
Arrangement of art scene
- Actors in the art environment: museums, galleries, auction houses, collectors, patrons, etc.
- At what stage of career an artist interacts with whom and how
- How an artist gets into a gallery, museum, residence
Lesson #3 /1 hour
How to find your unique message
- How to create art and not just be in the creative process
- How art differs from decorative works and creativity as a process
- How to define your individual style
- What is the right perspective and how to shape it
Lesson #5 / 1.5 hours
Feedback from our students
I am an artist with many years of experience, but I only recently moved into the field of contemporary art. The course “I want in art environment” was necessary for me as a road map in an unfamiliar area.
The course captivated and absorbed me completely. If you expect to get the most out of it, you have to be prepared for total immersion and serious work when you sign up for this course. The course is intense, a lot of new and useful, the material is voluminous, but clearly structured and understandable. Maria has an incredible talent for teaching and sharing information, she is attentive and very careful with the artists and their art.
Personally, the course gave me the opportunity to see the big picture of the art environment, understand its structure and features, make a plan of action and prepare the first professional package and exhibition project in my artistic practice. After completing this course I feel more confident and courageous, want to expand their horizons and experiment more with materials and space.
Many thanks to Masha and the whole team for the excellent course and technical support!
The first module made me slow down and look around, and even detach myself from what I create, to understand what it is, “the lens of my projector”, what falls into focus, what of the created no longer reflects me today. As I was building my portfolio, it became obvious to me that the different works I created did have a common denominator and I was able to see it! The hardest part of the first module was writing the artist statement. To tell what’s behind your work without going off the deep end in three paragraphs and at the same time giving depth – that’s a challenge with an asterisk! It all certainly existed in my mind, but it’s like assembling a device from parts that lie in different corners of the workshop. The device exists, but it doesn’t work until you assemble it. I am still impressed with how the device turned out! I no longer have to look for confirmation of whether I’m going there, whether I’m talking there, whether I’m reflecting in my work and how. I understood everything about myself and, most importantly, was able to explain it in human language.
Masha understands very well the psychological hardships one encounters when going into the profession of a “contemporary artist” and understanding that this is just another challenge for which there is already a proven solution is a huge relief. An incredible inner resource opens up when you stop draining energy on doubts, fears, uncertainty. This is very valuable! Add to that the infectious love and openness to contemporary art and artists that Masha broadcasts in everything she says and does, a great team…
The course is structured, capacious and clear.
During this period I have grown in my eyes.
The main results: I looked at my work from a different angle. I realized what was missing to achieve my dream. What I can do more, in order to be visible in the art environment.
Thanks to the course “I want in an art environment” I learned not only to make out a portfolio, form a package of documents and think about large-scale projects. But I also learned how to accept myself and understand other artists. I learned how the world of “Art Wednesday” works.
Thanks to you I formed internally. I finally came to an understanding of what I want to tell the world through my art.
What is especially helpful is that in addition to the video lessons there is a general chat in a Telegram channel where you can get all the answers to all the questions that arise during and after the course and meet other artists, where you can share your thoughts and experiences.
There’s no feeling that after the course it’s over. It’s as if you bought a ticket to a unique place where you can stay forever, where new participants come and you get reacquainted with a wealth of different thoughts. It’s very valuable, after taking the course, to remain a part of that channel.
Such a powerful formation in such a short period of study. Thank you so much for this amazing journey into the knowledge of the Art environment, into myself.❤️
How much does it cost?
Better yet, take a look at how much total you’ll get
BaseYour base for a career in the art world
- Module 1: Art Market
- The final job: protecting the document package
- Module 2: Am I making art?
- Final work: defense of the exhibition project concept
- Closed Student Chat
LabImmersing yourself in the research of your art and the possible development of it both abroad and in Russia
- 8 live webinars
- Topics: foreign markets + creative practices + acual foreign art references
- Separate group chat
MentorshipWorking in a mini-group with a curator, mastermind and individual work format
- Base + Lab
- A creative psychology unit for the comprehensive transformation of artists
- 1 every 2 weeks group meeting: goals, objectives, check results
- Once a month individual call-consultation for 1.5 hours
- individual development plan for each artist
Subscribe to our Art Blog
The latest events and news of the art-environment and interviews with experts
Interviews and master classes with the market experts
Frequently asked Questions
Can I attend the course if I have no experience in the art-industry?
What is the training schedule? Can you combine it with work?
How many hours per week will I need to study?
How can I pay for the course?
- Payment by card.
- Installment payment. We offer interest free installments. Details of the installment plan should be clarified with the support manager.
- Payment from a legal entity. If you work for a company, ask your employer about the possibility of paying for training from the company. Employers often care about your development, and they are ready to take on these costs. To do this, you need to prepare and send us the details of the company so that we issue an invoice.